5.10.2010

Mother's Day Weekend

Friday.  Bunko night.  Marlo's turn.  Activity, gun shooting in the desert.  Not my idea of a fun evening, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun a dozen girls can have out in the middle of now where shooting guns and aiming our rage at a target.
Photobucket
Can you see the puff of smoke near the target?  Obviously, I hit the ground on that shot.
Photobucket
You honestly have to love a pregnant woman holding an AK-47.
Photobucket
The very yummy spread.  Chicken Chilli with all the fixin's and Raspberry Peach Cobbler for dessert.
Photobucket
For Real?  She even put flowers out.  Talk about covering all your bases!  Marlo and Nor, you rocked this adventure!
{Mind you, this picture was taken a little after midnight.  But I still think we all look fabulous!!!}
 Seriously ladies, such a fun evening.  Thanks for the memories!!!
Saturday... was spent in our normal fashion.  Yard work and lots of playing outside.  Tommy got a taste at his first roller skate riding.  The next door neighbor girl {Sophie} had just gotten them and gave Toms a turn.
Photobucket
Then Saturday night we had our fun date night.  Four Peaks Brewery and La Dolce Vita Gelato to finish it off.  Yummy stuff!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Tyler and Tim are showing off their Zoolander faces.  Sexy boys. really. very. sexy.

Sunday...it was so nice to start the day off with Tyler home before church.  He and Tommy came in to wake me up and give me my gifts.  I got a few DEB undershirts, a new razor {much needed}, and a certificate good for a bathing suit of my choice.  Also a summer must!

We got ready and went to Tyler's cousin Isaac's missionary farewell at 11.  Then back to our ward for sunday school and a very relaxing Relief Society.  All the Priesthood took over every calling so all of the Young Women's organization and Primary ladies were able to join us in a munch and mingle.  The bishop spoke a few words about mother's and then we were all served Cheesecake and left to mingle for the remainder of the block.  How nice, right?

Then Lola and I headed home to nap for a bit until we went to my In-Laws at 4 for dinner.  Then by 5:30 it was off to Phoenix to celebrate with my family.  My brother Jimmy had offered to hold it at his place so Mom could have the evening off.  It worked out so great.  Spaghetti and Meatballs from Grandma is ALWAYS the way to go!  My favorite!!!  Here are a few pics from the festivities.  Mostly just hanging around playing with the kids.
Photobucket
The NEWEST Mother of our group.  Katrina with Baby Rosie.  Love that hair baby girl!!
Photobucket
Here I am trying to remember that newborn feeling, it's getting so close!  How cute does Rosie look right here!  She's darlin!
Photobucket
The littlest rugrats themselves.  William is already walking around.  Come on Lola, get on board!
Photobucket
Lola trying to stand.  She was doing so good.  It was darling to watch her big smile when she'd actually get up on both legs.
Photobucket
Once again, our little dare devil.
Photobucket
Miss Buffy with Rosie.  Such a good helper!
Photobucket
Tommy fell down outside while playing with the kids and got his very first Bloody nose.  Poor kid, but soon he got over it and was playing and having fun once again.  Here he is with Chloe and Buffy.
Photobucket
Trying to get Lola to smile and pose for a picture is sometimes torture.  Here's the best shot.

Hope everyone else had a wonderful Mother's day weekend!  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful life.  Great family, friends and loved ones surrounding and supporting me.  Who could ask for anything more?  I love being a mother and have such sweet, happy and healthy children.  What a blessing they are in our life.  Thanks Babe for making it great and taking over so many of the "Home" responsibilities lately.  I'm sure this baby can't come fast enough for you.

Love you & thanks!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

What a fun weekend! And I have to say that shooting is a blast...I LOVE IT! It does feel great to get out some agression on a target doesn't it? And to do it with all the fun gals....double bonus! :) Glad you had a great Mother's day....you deserve it!!!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

A pregnant woman with an AK-47... does that scream "Don't mess with me," or what? Love it.